||Music connects with kids-making storytime a
"must attend" event at your library!
Music adds an extra special element to storytime programming. And Susan
Dailey is a virtuoso at helping colleagues use music creatively. Sing a
Song of Storytime is a compilation of musical activities she has used successfully.
In addition to the music and lyrics, there are also annotated
bibliographies of picture books related to the music, along with tips on
how to deliver these unique activities.
This new resource includes:
• 75+ songs, including traditional folk songs, new lyrics for familiar
melodies, and original compositions
• Activities, including flannel-board patterns, crafts, motions, and
dances paired to songs
• Popular children ’s books for use with the featured songs and music
• Helpful hints for non-singers
• A multimedia CD featuring music from the book, along with patterns,
scripts, lyrics, and more
New and veteran librarians, preschool and early
elementary teachers, as well as daycare workers and parents will find
hundreds of great ideas in this book. You might want to consider buying
one for our staff and one to circulate. Make sure this musical resource is
part of our collection!
|Note: There are errors in the indexes due to a last
minute change in the book. All page numbers higher than
176 should actually appear 4 pages earlier in the book.
For example, the Index of Storytime Themes says that
"Gardens" can be found on page 80, 181. In
reality, materials on this theme can be found on page 80 &
177. I apologize for the inconvenience this causes.